Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Twenty Seven

On Wednesday I went to see Fleetwood Mac perform at Staples Center.
I can't even put into words the tremendous feeling of seeing a band I grew up on, who's been part of my household for so many years, LIVE! I was truly on Cloud 9.
Stevie Nicks sang like an angel, draped in shimmering shawls, unchanged by time. Lindsay Buckingham, the most underrated guitar virtuoso in the world, blew everyone away with his unconventional yet brilliant fingerpicking style and powerhouse vocals. Mick Fleetwood, the spidery mad hatter at his best, was on fire, and had the audience on their feet with his earth-shattering drum solos! And, of course, John McVie, wearing a white messenger cap and looking like he just stumbled out of a jazz club, could be seen slapping the bass in the shadowed corners of the stage. Just hearing him do his iconic solo in "The Chain" gave me goosebumps!
I was sitting too far up to capture a good photo of the stage, so this is it:
∆SETLIST∆
(listen to it HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment